Were you injured in a traffic accident with a speeding truck driver? If so, you might be eligible for significant compensation. Truckers have a duty to drive safely and protect others on the road. When they cause a wreck because they are speeding or driving too fast for conditions, they must be held accountable.
At the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, we have been successfully taking on negligent truckers and trucking companies for more than 30 years. Since 1987, our skilled semi truck accident lawyers have been helping clients throughout El Paso and surrounding areas get on the road to recovery after tragic crashes. Let us do the same for you.
For legal advice after a speeding truck accident, contact the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, right away. Schedule your free legal consultation now.
Why Do I Need a Speeding Truck Accident Lawyer?
Speeding truck accidents often leave victims with life-threatening injuries and catastrophic damages. Sadly, it’s often challenging for victims to pursue the compensation they deserve after these devastating crashes.
One reason is that multiple parties like the trucker’s employer or the vehicle’s manufacturer might share in the blame. For example, the truck driver might have been speeding because the trucking company might have set unreasonable delivery deadlines. Or defective brakes may have contributed to the truck driver’s inability to stop. No matter who is responsible, each party in a trucking accident often tries to pass the blame to others to avoid paying victims the money they are owed.
However, when you work with our skilled truck accident attorneys, we know exactly how to fight for justice and maximum compensation on your behalf.
Some of the ways we can help you include:
- Determine all the parties that might hold responsibility for the accident
- Use our knowledge of local, state, and federal laws to help hold all liable parties accountable
- Handle all the details of your claim, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries
- Gather evidence to prove what caused the truck accident, who was responsible, and the severity of your injuries from the wreck
- Collect proof that’s difficult to obtain, such as the trucker’s driving logs or correspondence between the trucker and the driver’s employer
- Hire expert witnesses, such as medical consultants or traffic specialists, who can testify to support your claim
- Estimate how much your case is truly worth
- Complete and file any paperwork or documentation needed for your claim
- Aggressively negotiate with all the insurance companies and legal representatives on your behalf
- Fight for your interests in court if needed
Why Choose the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC?
With over 30 years of combined legal experience, our industry-leading personal injury attorneys have what it takes to help you get on the road to recovery after a speeding truck crash. As our client testimonials demonstrate, we are committed to providing you with exceptional legal representation, as well as the personalized attention you deserve. We will treat you like family, which means we will be available whenever and wherever you need us.
Common Injuries That Result from Speeding Trucks
Some of the most common injuries caused by speeding truck accidents include:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Back and neck injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Head injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Organ damage and other internal injuries
- Rib and torso damage
- Seat belt injuries
What Compensation Might I Recover After a Speeding Truck Accident?
Victims of speeding truck collisions have a legal right to claim compensation for the injuries and damages they suffer. Some of the most common types of compensation available to victims after these kinds of crashes include payment for:
- Pain and suffering
- Outstanding medical bills
- Lost wages
- Therapy and rehabilitation
- Lost ability to perform household tasks like yard work, repairs, and cleaning
- Future medical expenses
- Lost capacity to earn a comparable income in the future
- Vehicle and home modifications
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
In addition, if a truck accident caused by speeding kills a victim, the survivors might be eligible to recover compensation for their loved one’s wrongful death. This type of lawsuit often helps eligible survivors recover damages such as:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of the deceased’s income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of services the deceased used to perform, such as household repairs
- Loss of parental support
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim?
Under Texas law, victims of speeding truck crashes typically have only two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. After this date has passed, it’s often impossible for victims to get the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
However, this law has a number of exceptions that might provide you with more or less time for your claim. An experienced trucking accident attorney with a strong knowledge of Texas law can help you understand the legal timelines that apply to your personal circumstances and help you file a claim before it’s too late.
Talk to a Speeding Truck Accident Attorney Now
Don’t wait to learn about your rights after a speeding truck accident. Call the respected speeding truck accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, today for your free legal consultation.