Unfortunately, it doesn’t matter how responsible and cautious you are behind the wheel. There are some times when you just cannot protect yourself from careless drivers. A serious car accident can leave you with devastating injuries and overwhelming expenses. Even figuring out transportation can be a huge headache when your car is no longer drivable.
At the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, we are here to help you through this tough time. Our El Paso car accident attorneys will start by helping you figure out your next steps, such as finding a doctor and getting transportation problems resolved. We will also fight fiercely for the full compensation you need to recover and move forward with your life.
If you have been injured in a car accident in El Paso, do not hesitate to contact the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC. It’s important to act quickly. A delay may affect your right to pursue compensation. Get your free consultation now.
How Can Our Lawyer Help After a Car Accident?
You may be wondering whether you need a lawyer after a car accident or if you can handle your personal injury claim on your own. The fact is: If you have been hurt and need medical care, you need to consult our El Paso car accident attorney.
- A free, no obligation consultation. We will go over the details of your case, explain your legal rights, and answer all your questions.
- Help finding medical care. If you don’t have health insurance or are having trouble finding a doctor, we can assist you.
- Help with your transportation needs. If your car is out of commission after a crash, we will go over your options for getting a rental car. We will also manage your property damage claim.
- Comprehensive review of all possible sources of compensation. In most cases, we will be pursuing payment from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. However, we will also look at your own insurance policy to determine whether you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage that could be tapped. If we discover that a defective auto part was to blame for your crash, we may go after the manufacturer for the damages caused.
- Relief from dealing with insurance companies. When we take on your case, our car accident lawyers in El Paso will handle all communication with the other parties involved from then on. If an insurance adjuster calls you, the only thing you need to say is: “Talk to my lawyer.”
- An independent investigation into your crash. The insurance company will certainly investigate your auto accident, but we will conduct our own investigation into what happened. After all, the insurance company is looking for evidence to support its goal of paying you as little as possible. Our goal is to build a solid case for the full and fair compensation you deserve.
- Support from medical expert witnesses and other professionals. Our law firm has a large network of specialists whom we can enlist to evaluate your case and provide support.
- A fair and comprehensive estimate of your damages. This includes documenting your current losses as well as future expenses you may face related to your injuries.
- Aggressive representation during settlement negotiations and in the courtroom. Our respected El Paso trial attorneys will do whatever it takes in our fight for justice. Most of the time, we are able to reach a full car accident settlement for our clients. But when the other side refuses to do what’s right, you can trust that we will fight for you.
For more than 30+ years, the skilled Texas car accident lawyers at the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, have been demanding justice for injured crash victims across El Paso. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
Proving Fault After a Car Crash
In Texas, you can demand compensation from the party that was at fault for the crash. In most cases, you will be going through the at-fault driver’s insurance company. And no matter how cut-and-dry your case may seem, the insurance company will fight to minimize your payout any way it can. This includes trying to push the blame onto you.
Texas is what is known as a “modified comparative fault” state. This means that people who are hurt in accidents can pursue compensation from the at-fault party as long as they were not 51 percent or more to blame. Still, the damages awarded may be reduced by the victim’s percentage of blame.
So, for example, if an auto accident victim suffered $100,000 in damages, but the insurance company could prove that the victim was 25 percent at fault for the crash, the compensation amount would be reduced by $25,000.
This is why it is crucial to have an aggressive Texas car accident lawyer fighting for you. At the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, our legal team will track down all available evidence to prove who was at fault in your crash. Depending on the circumstances of your case, this may include:
- Details from the police accident report
- Photos of the vehicles and the crash scene
- Video footage from area surveillance cameras
- Statements from witnesses
- Statements from you and the others involved
- Accident reconstruction analysis performed by respected experts in the field
Do not wait to speak to a car accident attorney in El Paso about your case. Your attorney will need to begin collecting evidence immediately before it disappears. Schedule a free consultation with our team now.