El Paso Defective Product Lawyer
Toys, household appliances, laptop computers, and medications are all examples of products many people take for granted. Unfortunately, a product you use every day can end up hurting you if it has a design or manufacturing defect.
If you are injured because a product is defective, unsafe, or fails to meet design, construction, or performance standards, you may have grounds for a product liability case. You may be entitled to compensation for your medical expenses, lost income, pain and suffering, and other damages related to your injury.
At the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC, our dedicated product liability lawyers are all too familiar with the way insurance companies treat victims of defective products. Don’t let them decide your future if you or a loved one was injured through no fault of your own. Call us now for a free consultation, and let us fight for you.
What Is Product Liability?
Manufacturers are responsible for ensuring their products are safe for customers to use. When they fail to meet this responsibility, manufacturers can be held liable for the damages caused. In Texas, there are three types of defects manufacturers can be held liable for:
- Design defects: These defects involve a flaw with the original design of the product. For example, if a manufacturer created a chef’s knife that had a sharp handle and cut people when they held the knife, that’s a problem with the design of the product, and manufacturers can be held liable for injuries caused.
- Manufacturing defects: These defects occur during the manufacturing process. For example, if there was an error made while manufacturing an auto part, and the defective part caused a car crash, manufacturers could be held liable for that.
- Failure to warn: Some products have inherent dangers associated with them. When this is the case, manufacturers have a duty to warn consumers of those dangers. For example, a medication may include many serious side effects, and consumers have a right to know about those. If a manufacturer fails to warn about the dangers a product could cause, the company could be held liable.
If you have been hurt by a defective product, you must speak to a Texas product liability lawyer who has the experience and the resources to take on a deep-pocketed manufacturer. Call our El Paso personal injury law firm today for the strong representation you need.
Common Types of Product Liability Claims
Sadly, there are many different types of defective products that hurt people every day. These include:
- Auto parts
- Children’s products
- Medical devices
- Household appliances
- Cleaning products
- Juul vaping products
These are just a few of the types of products that can cause serious injuries due to manufacturer negligence. However, any type of product can hurt consumers. Do not hesitate to seek legal advice if you have been injured by a dangerous product.
How We Can Help with Your Product Liability Claim
When you put your trust in us to handle your case, you can count on our skilled product liability attorneys to:
- Review your case for free and determine who should be held responsible
- Conduct an investigation and collect evidence to substantiate your claim
- Determine the full amount of damages you have incurred ─ and will face in the future ─ so we can demand maximum compensation for you
- Communicate with the insurance company to protect your claim
- Negotiate aggressively with the insurance company
- Take the case to trial, if necessary
When filing a claim against a manufacturer, there are many people fighting against you. The manufacturer will certainly work against you, and the insurance company and their team of lawyers will, too. Your attorney will act as your advocate and work in your best interests to ensure your rights are protected.