Texas JUUL Attorney
When JUUL and other e-cigarette manufacturers released their products into the marketplace approximately 10 years ago, the products were touted as being a safer alternative to traditional cigarettes. Now, more stories are emerging every day about the sicknesses and deaths they are causing.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has reported that hundreds of people have suffered illnesses due to vaping and e-cigarettes, and over 30 people have already died. Meanwhile, victims have begun to file lawsuits demanding compensation for all the damages done by JUUL vaping products.
In Texas, the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC is standing up for individuals who have been harmed by vaping products made by large corporations such as JUUL. If you have developed an illness or lost a loved one due to JUUL products, you must speak to our Texas JUUL attorney as soon as possible about your legal rights. Contact us now to set up a free consultation.
Do You Have a JUUL E-Cigarette Claim?
The best way to know if you have a claim is to have a knowledgeable attorney evaluate the specifics of your case. When evaluating your claim, our product liability attorney will ask the following questions to help assess your situation:
- How long have you smoked? Your attorney will want to establish prolonged exposure to vaping products to help prove your claim.
- Do you only smoke JUUL brand? This can help narrow down the manufacturer that is liable for your illness.
- What JUUL products have you used? If you file a claim, you’ll need to be able to pinpoint exactly which products made you sick. Additionally, JUUL has been accused of advertising to children because of the flavored e-cigarette liquids the company offers. Due to this, if your child has gotten sick or if you were underage when you began smoking these flavored liquids, this could be a factor in your case.
- Have you ever smoked traditional cigarettes? Even if you quit years ago, smoking traditional cigarettes, or having smoked, can hurt your case. The manufacturer and their insurance companies will likely argue that it was these cigarettes that made you sick, and not the e-cigarettes.
- Have you been diagnosed with a lung disease? It has been well established that JUUL e-cigarette products cause several different lung diseases. Your attorney will need to know if you have been diagnosed with chronic pulmonary disease or any other health condition associated with these products.
- Are you getting medical treatment for this condition? Seeking medical help for your condition can help substantiate your claim because it can prove that you really are sick. Additionally, filing a personal injury claim is meant to compensate you for your expenses and other losses. This includes medical bills related to your treatment.
All of these questions are important and will provide valuable insight as to whether you have a claim against JUUL. To talk about the details of your case, please contact the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC and schedule a free consultation.
Compensation Through a JUUL Lawsuit
If you have been diagnosed with a serious lung disease or illness due to vaping, you may be entitled to significant compensation through a JUUL lawsuit. In a personal injury lawsuit, you can demand compensation for:
- Medical expenses: You can include both current and future medical expenses in your claim. Medical expenses can also include treatment for any addiction you have developed after using JUUL products.
- Lost income: If you’ve had to take time off of work, you can demand payment for current and future lost income due to your illness. If your prognosis is not good and you can never return to the same line of work, you can also claim loss of future earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages: Some types of damages do not have a clear value that is easily calculated. These are known as non-economic damages, and you can be compensated for them. Non-economic damages include past and future pain and suffering, and past and future loss of enjoyment of life.
In some cases, punitive damages may also be awarded in a move to punish the defendant. This compensation is available when the defendant has shown gross negligence or recklessness.
Health Issues Linked to E-Cigarettes
There have been many health issues linked to e-cigarettes over the years. The most common include:
- Lung diseases: Obstructive pulmonary disease, acute respiratory distress syndrome, popcorn lung, and asthma are just a few of the lung diseases attributed to JUUL products. Although lung diseases are not the only health issue associated with e-cigarettes, they are the most common.
- Seizures: Although not reported as commonly as lung diseases, hundreds of people have reported having seizures after using e-cigarettes. Research is still being done into the link between e-cigarettes and seizures.
- Cardiac problems: Like seizures, it’s unknown what causes cardiac problems in people who use e-cigarettes. However, use of e-cigarettes has been tied to heart attacks, strokes, and other health issues.
- Death: Tragically, the CDC has reported deaths tied to vaping.
Sadly, it’s not only adults who are being diagnosed with these serious illnesses and passing away after e-cigarette use. Vaping products, through specific marketing, have been targeted at young people. Parents of young people who developed these diseases or died due to vaping illness can file a personal injury claim or wrongful death claim against the manufacturer to demand justice.
How Our JUUL E-Cigarette Lawyer Can Help
Our experienced Texas JUUL e-cigarette attorney at the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC understands how to hold powerful manufacturers liable for their dangerous products. We have the skills and the resources to take on these deep-pocketed companies, and we will fight for every bit of compensation you are owed.
If you used JUUL products and have now been diagnosed with a lung illness, please contact us today to set up your free consultation. We will not charge any fees upfront or out of pocket to work on your case, and you only pay us if we recover money for you.