In El Paso, many of the city’s highways are often crowded with 18-wheelers and other big commercial vehicles. You may not give much thought to a large truck on the 54 or delivery van headed down Interstate 10. But the slightest of errors by the driver or negligence of the trucking company can have disastrous consequences. A trucking accident in El Paso can destroy your quality of life in an instant.
Many people think that truck accidents are just like any other type of traffic collision. However, that is untrue. Commercial trucks are much larger than other vehicles, weighing as much as 30 times more. When these trucks are involved in a crash with passenger cars, it’s usually those in the smaller vehicles who suffer the worst injuries. Too many accident victims never recover from their injuries, and often, these crashes are fatal for victims.
Truck accident claims are much more complex than typical car accident claims. So you should not try to handle your case on your own. If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident or have lost a loved one, talk to an El Paso truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC now. The consultation is free, and there is no charge unless we win your case.
Do You Have a Truck Accident Claim?
After a truck accident, you may be wondering whether you have a case and need an attorney. Some factors to consider when evaluating your situation include:
- Did someone else cause your traffic collision?
- Have you suffered injuries?
- Do you need additional medical treatment?
- Did you miss work due to the accident and your injuries?
- Are you unable to return to work?
- Has your quality of life been affected by your injuries?
The truth is, there is no risk to scheduling a free consultation if you’ve been hurt in a truck collision. An El Paso truck accident attorney from our firm can review your case, answer all your questions, and explain your legal rights when you contact us today.
Why Are Truck Accidents More Complicated?
There are many reasons that truck accidents are not like other car accidents on the road. The biggest reasons include:
- Injuries: Due to the fact that trucks are so much bigger, the injuries they cause are much more severe. This is important because before filing your claim, you must understand the full nature of your injuries, how long it will take to recover from them, and how much they will cost you. After a truck accident, this will take much longer and make your case much more complicated.
- Liability: Determining liability after any traffic collision is complex, but this is amplified after a truck accident. This is because after a car accident, there are typically only two drivers involved. Even when multiple drivers are involved, liability will still likely lie with one of these individuals. This is not the case after a truck accident. After a truck crash, any number of parties may be liable. The truck driver, the trucking company, the loading company, and the truck manufacturer are just a few potential liable parties.
- Company roadblocks: There are a number of pieces of evidence an attorney will collect after a truck crash. One of these is documentation from the trucking company including log books and employment records. Trucking companies will often try to hide this documentation and make it very difficult to gather the information needed to prove your case.
- State and federal law: There are a number of state and federal laws governing trucking companies. When truck drivers, manufacturers, and trucking companies do not abide by these, it is considered negligence. It is crucial to have a truck accident attorney in El Paso who has extensive knowledge of these rules and regulations.
Although these complications can make a truck wreck case more challenging, an El Paso semi-truck accident lawyer will know how to overcome these difficulties to help you fight for the full compensation you deserve.
Benefits of Hiring a Truck Accident Lawyer in El Paso
After being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, you may be tempted to try to negotiate with the insurance company on your own. However, you should never do this. Working with an attorney will ensure you have the legal skills and the resources to protect your rights.
Some of the benefits of working with a trusted truck accident attorney include:
- Experience determining liability and identifying all potential sources of compensation
- Strong strategies to take on insurance companies, defense lawyers, and trucking companies to prove your claim
- Ability to thoroughly document all current and future damages related to your injury to ensure you are demanding maximum compensation
- Aggressive negotiation skills and experience in the courtroom to see your case through to resolution
If you are ready to get started on your truck accident case, contact the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC now for your free consultation.