Which Final Destination Kills Have Actually Happened?
For many of us, the fear of traveling behind a log truck or getting on a plane can be traced back to Final Destination, the movie franchise that stands behind the notion that when it’s someone’s time to go, it’s their time to go. The franchise is best known for its gruesome death scenes after the movie characters somehow seemed to escape death the first time around. But, are these deaths real or just Hollywood fiction? You might be surprised.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents in Final Destination Films
Many of the movie’s death scenes are based on injuries that happen in real life. Research into 300,000 emergency room visits for a recent year was recently conducted to determine which of the deaths in the franchise’s five films have occurred in real life. According to this data, the annual number of injuries associated with the various causes of death depicted in the films include:
- Ladder-related injuries – 4,162
- Scaling or moving fences – 2,121
- Lifting weights – 930
- Scalded with oil – 335
- Lawn mower accidents – 229
- Escalator trips or malfunctions – 211
- Shot with a nail gun – 160
- Roller coaster accidents – 14
- Barbecue burns – 10
- Tanning bed burn – 1
Are These Accidents Likely to Occur?
Many of the personal injuries the franchise depicts are common in the United States, including injuries caused by:
- Oil burns
Other injuries the film depicts are less likely to occur, such as roller coaster injuries or tanning bed burns.
Personal Injuries Our Law Firm Handles
While our firm may not always represent clients who were injured in accidents as gruesome as those depicted in the films, our El Paso personal injury attorneys do handle various types of personal injury cases, many of which are depicted in the Final Destination films, including:
- Car accidents, including accidents involving texting while driving, drunk driving accidents, rollover accidents, rear-end collisions, and highway car accidents
- Trucking accidents, including accidents involving distracted drivers, fatigue, or improperly loaded trucks
- Motorcycle accidents, including those that cause catastrophic injuries, arm injuries, neck injuries, back injuries, or road rash
- Workplace injuries, including construction injuries
- Slips and falls, including apartment injuries, negligent security cases, commercial property accidents, and negligent maintenance cases
- Defective products, including toxic baby food, hernia mesh, 3M combat earplugs, and JUUL cases
Injured in an Accident? Contact the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC
If you were recently injured in an incident caused by another person’s negligence, the Law Offices of Michael J. Gopin, PLLC can help. We have more than 30 years of combined legal experience and the resources and skills necessary to pursue the fair compensation to which you are entitled. Contact us today for a free consultation with a knowledgeable car accident attorney who can discuss your legal options following a personal injury.
Michael J. Gopin has practiced law in El Paso since 1987. Even after more than 30 years, he still remembers his first jury case. He graduated from the University of Texas in Austin in 1983 with a bachelor of business administration, majoring in accounting. He received his juris doctorate degree from St. Mary’s School of Law in San Antonio. Michael has successfully handled countless cases of medical malpractice, product liability, personal injury, and nursing home negligence. He enjoys helping people “get their lives back in order” by providing high-quality legal representation and compassionate customer service.